Pages

Sunday 4 May 2014

Mabel, all dressed up


Yup, it's Me-Made-Mabel-May chez Foxgloves. After the success of my first Colette Mabel skirt I couldn't resist whipping up another one. I had some black ponte in my stash and this time around it only took me one and a half hour, from cutting to hemming.

The feel and drape of this fabric wasn't as good as the brown ponte I used for the first version. It didn't press that well, the hand sewn hem is less invisible (to put it mildly) and the overall look is a bit less sophisticated. Too much poly? Oh well, at least the fit and finish are a lot better than in most RTW.
Although I don't think this particular version is posh enough for dressing up, I still wanted to show the versatility of this pattern. In a better quality knit it would certainly work for a comfortable night at the theatre!

So, did I mention versatile? Let's dress it down!


Still thumbs up for Mabel!

Next Mabel? Oh yes, yes, yes. Flowers, polkadots, gingham, who knows!






Happy sewing!



10 comments:

  1. It looks very nice. Beautiful garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So chic! It's such a great silhouette for you, Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! Chic and comfy, it's a winner! Next up is the Moneta dress, not so sure about that silhouette but it's worth a try. I certainly liked yours!

      Delete
  3. That's the great thing about sewing your own - if the fabric isn't quite right you get a great garment for around the house that you might not otherwise have. The pink cardigan looks lovely with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. You wear Mabel well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I'm smiling a bit because your dressed-down look would be my dressed-up look! :) You look so great in both looks, and your garden is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great when you feel like you're in comfy loungewear and still look like you made an effort? :))

      Delete
  6. You rock in this skirt! You definitely look great in this model - next one please :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm wearing it right now, it's also working in November with tights and ankle boots!

      Delete