Pages

Monday 16 September 2013

Next up: By Hand London's Anna dress


My scissors are sharpened, my sewing machine is freshly oiled and last but not least: my pattern arrived! All is ready to start my next project: the Anna dress. I originally planned to make this dress two weeks ago, just in time to wear it to the season's opening gala of the Dutch National Ballet.
The pattern was supposed to arrive four days before the gala but got lost in the mail. When I contacted BHL's Charlotte about the RoyalMailFail she immediately shipped my order again, unfortunately it arrived a week late.Wondering what that other By Hand London pattern is doing on my sewing table? Charlotte popped in an Elisalex to make up for the disappointment. That girl certainly knows how to keep her customers happy!

Once the I've-got-nothing-to-wear-to-the-gala-panic settled down (of course there was a plan B in my closet, isn't there always?) everything turned out just fine. The gala was absolutely brilliant, for my upcoming birthday I'll be making a new Elisalex dress, and the Anna pattern arrived just in time for the official sewalong that's starting today.
Ready steady sew!





No comments:

Post a Comment