Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2016

Concord tee goes Barcelona, part 1


¡Hola, I made another Cashmerette Concord tee! It's my fifth version of the pattern so I can't blame you if you're getting bored, but hey, there's sangria, music and pretty pictures of Barcelona too!




I used a viscose knit fabric, changed the sleeves to full length and hand stitched all hems. I don't like the look of twin needle or coverstitch finishes and although it takes a little longer I like the invisible hems on this shirt. I redid the neckband, as I initially thought it would be nice to have the white stripe on top. It just didn't look right, the rhythm of the stripes looked a bit off. Next time I'll check the look before stitching, ughh!

Using 4-way stretch fabric definitely influenced the fit at the shoulders. Or maybe it was the bag full of tourist essentials I was dragging along, but the left shoulder looks slightly dropped in the top picture.



Window shopping at the Passeig de Gracia. I guess you are all zooming in now to see that jacket behind me. I know I would!


Isn't it gorgeous? Sleeve perfection. Sigh.
But I digress, as we were heading towards the famous Casa Batllo.




Later that day, in the stunning surroundings of Museu Picasso, my stripes felt like an appropriate neutral amidst all vibrant colours. It was such an impressive visit!



Clingy fabric and horizontal stripes are not my best look, so I always envisioned this shirt as a layering piece. (I'm wearing it right now, with a black jacket and bright red shoes and accessories)
Luckily the temperatures in Barcelona were much higher than we expected so jackets and cardigans didn't get much wear. Oh well, who cares about clingy tees. Not me after some sangria!




White sangria with lemon and oranges, divine!
And of course 4-way stretch means plenty of room for tapas.




If you're ever in Barcelona and have the chance to go to a concert in Palau de la Musica Catalana, don't hesitate! It's a beautifully decorated concert hall, designed in Catalan modernism style and built between 1905 and 1908. 




The most beautiful venue for a concert of the Maestros de la Guitarra:




To be continued....

8 comments:

  1. Barcelona is my youngest daughter's favourite place. The tee-shirt shirt looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Anne. The fit may not be perfect thanks to yet another kind of fabric, but it's so nice to have a shirt that's long enough and with my preferred sleeve length. Barcelona is a wonderful city and we really enjoyed our trip!

      Delete
  2. Your Concorde tee shirt is lovely and perfect for your holiday to Barcelona. I am so pleased you had a lovely time there. I too stood outside the Chanel shop and gaped wide eyed at the beautiful clothes and bags in the window. I wish I had known about this beautiful theatre to hear this beautiful music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chanel shop was amazing! We had a wonderful time, thanks again for inspiring us to visit Barcelona. We are music lovers and the first thing I do whenever we book a trip is to check out all concert halls and other venues. We booked our tickets online, it was actually the first event we planned. Whether it's opera, classical music or a blues gig in a London pub, music is often part of our trips!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to more on your trip to Barcelona... The tee looks comfy and chic, and yes, thank you, I'll take the Chanel jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I'm going to Barcelona in December, and can't wait to see more of your trip to get ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be wonderful! Best tip: bring comfortable shoes. We easily walked between 15 and 20 kilometer per day!

      Delete