Pages

Sunday 25 June 2017

Foxgloves and tees


After finishing two time consuming projects in a row, a winter coat and a French jacket, I felt the need to change my sewing pace. I wanted to make something quick and easy. Around this time of year the garden is seriously eating up my spare time so it was not just a matter of looking for instant gratification. When there is little time even simple projects can take ages so I steered away from my usual habit of overthinking and overcomplicating things and went straight into the sewing room to look for inspiration.


I found a piece of jersey in my stash that was just waiting to become a Cashmerette Concord tee. Number six, or seven, I lost count.


As you can see the Concord Tee is an essential part of my gardener's uniform. I've already made all views: high neck, scoop neck, v-neck, short, medium and long sleeves, cropped length, mid length and long curved hem. This time around the length of my fabric did not give me many options: short sleeves and then hoping for the best regarding pattern matching.

Although I liked the idea of a short sleeved v-neck tee I was worried the angle of the triangles in the print would look weird with the different angle of the v-neck. So scoop neck it was, meaning it was an exact remake of this Concord. Shoulder adjustments, size 18 G/H and a bit of extra ease at the waist.



The jersey is rather thin and clingy, which means it works better as a layering piece. Or for showing off those biceps, after carrying around watering cans....



Now that this pattern is still on my sewing table I'm making a few adjustments to try a different shape. Giving the bodice some flare and doing a front and back v-neck. We'll see how this ends!

12 comments:

  1. Cute top! And what a beautiful garden you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm at my happiest when I can sit in the garden and do some hand stitching!

      Delete
  2. Nice work on the tee and on the garden! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Tee: one afternoon. Garden: 19 years of hard work!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shirt, and an amazing garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those foxgloves!! Beautiful. The tee as well😉.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We had a lot of damage from the early May frost but luckily the foxgloves didn't suffer!

      Delete
  5. You have a seriously beautiful garden! And a new lovely tee to wear in it! Bravo to both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto everyone above. Beautiful garden, beautiful tee. Love that print and those colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If only I could remember where I bought that fabric!

      Delete