Pages

Saturday 19 April 2014

Next up: Mabel!




Tax forms, work, spring cleaning and gardening kept me out of my sewing room way too long. This week the release of the new Colette patterns made me realize how much I had missed my new best friend the serger. Back in September I won a gift certificate from Colette Patterns when this Negroni shirt was my entry to the Super Online Community Sewing Match. I happily used my store credit to order the exciting spring bundle, containing an e-book:



And two patterns for knits:





What better way to continue my journey through the Land of Knits?

First up is version 3 of Mabel, an above-the-knee length pencil skirt with seam details and a kick pleat. There's a brown ponte knit in my stash waiting to be cut. Perhaps it's not screaming spring all over, but it will have to do. For now. If this skirt is as good as it looks I will sew up a rainbow of Mabels!


No comments:

Post a Comment